Spring is sprung, and that means that event season is here again. NetApp is gearing up for a strong showing at some of the top open source gatherings of the year, and the team here at thePub is in overdrive mode to pull together our new releases, produce some demos, and get things lined up with our ecosystem partners so that our solutions are fully baked. If you want to come see us in person you will find us at the following events:
- DockerCon – Austin (April 17th – 20th)
- Red Hat Summit – Boston (May 2nd – 4th)
- OpenStack Summit – Boston (May 8th – 11th)
Now, let me give you a sneak-peak at what we will be talking about.
DockerCon – We’ve solved for persistent data
Enterprises trust NetApp for persistent Docker data with the Certified NetApp Docker Volume Plugin. Available on Docker Store the nDVP is Docker Certified for stability and security and one of the first storage plug-ins which supports SolidFire, ONTAP, and E-Series.
We will also be discussing our proven solution with Docker Datacenter on FlexPod. NetApp, Docker, and Cisco have come together to build a Cisco Validated Design (CVD) FlexPod converged infrastructure for Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CICD), cloud applications, and cloud-native microservices.
And finally, we will be highlighting support for our various ecosystem partners including:
- Docker Enterprise Edition (formerly Datacenter)
- Red Hat OpenShift
Red Hat Summit – We’ve got your cloud storage covered
We will be highlighting our integration efforts across Red Hat’s cloud focused portfolio including:
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform — Version 10 now officially supports Manila, the OpenStack file share service, and NetApp is the only supported driver in this release. With official certification on the way, NetApp holds the leadership position in the space along with one of the most popular distributions.
- OpenShift — Project Trident, NetApp’s storage provisioner for Kubernetes, is also supported in OpenShift. Making it easy for deployers of OpenShift to take advantage of persistent storage from NetApp’s portfolio.
- Ansible — Now with support for NetApp’s various storage platforms (ONTAP, SolidFire, and E-Series) making it easier than ever to automate the configuration and provisioning of our storage with the popular tool.
- FlexPod — Validated and supported converged infrastructure running Red Hat OpenStack Platform with NetApp and Cisco.
OpenStack Summit – Ocata release
- Support for NetApp volume encryption
- Easy to use block storage with NetApp SolidFire a highly scalable, flash-based platform built for the cloud. Learn howSolidFire can simplify your OpenStack storage, with deterministic QoS and scale-out architecture.
- NetApp StorageGRID WebScale, changing how you deploy OpenStack with object storage making it easy and automated. Look for some big news on this coming soon.
- Manila is now broadly supported by the community of OpenStack distributions, with NetApp ONTAP as the dominant driver.
See you there
I know that we are covering a lot of related subjects at these various shows, and I am only giving you the highlights here. But I encourage everybody to come to our booth, talk to one of our engineers, and ask to see a demo of our various integrations. We will be ready for the hard questions, and always appreciate a good game of stump-the-chump, so let’s see if we can impress you because we are pushing hard and fast in these ecosystems and this is our chance to show off.