Many organizations have a dedicated cloud or application development team that leverages OpenStack API for resource provisioning and management. Others have a dedicated storage team that rely on OpenStack for block, file, and object storage. Regardless of the type of organization you work in, taking backups of your tenants’ data can reduce data loss, and protect against data corruption.
So what does all this have to do with the upcoming Mitaka Summit in Austin?
Please mark your calendars for Hey Storage Engineer: Tell Me About Backups in OpenStack!, scheduled on Tuesday, April 26th at 5:30pm (Level 4 Ballroom D). Kapil Arora, Cloud Architect from NetApp, Germany, will join me in delivering content to you that will include:
- Backup solutions for Cinder and Manila
- Storage-based replication for Cinder and Glance
- Share replication for Manila
- Application design goals for backup and recovery
- Consistent VM backups with Nova and Cinder including tenant VMs/VDI Demo
- Enterprise application backup and deployment with Manila and SAP HANA Demo
Kapil and I are working hard to deliver great content to you, and look forward to seeing you at OpenStack Summit!