Co-written with Christian Huebner, Storage Architect, Mirantis
NetApp and Mirantis are pleased to announce the MOS 9.0 NetApp Mirantis Unlocked Reference Architecture and Fuel plugin for the Mitaka-based Mirantis OpenStack 9.0 with NetApp’s leading enterprise storage platforms, ONTAP and E-Series. This combination of resources makes it easier for you to architect and deploy OpenStack with NetApp storage.
NetApp on Mirantis OpenStack 9.0
In Mirantis OpenStack 9.0, you will have the following additional features:
- Consistency Groups for consistent snapshots of multiple Cinder volumes that are taken at the same time.
- CHAP Authentication for communication between iSCSI initiators and targets.
- Quality of Service (QoS) based on maximum I/O per GB, in addition to QoS based on maximum bytes per second, bytes per second allowed per GiB, and IOPS.
We strongly recommend that you use the latest version of Mirantis OpenStack (MOS 9.0, Mitaka) and its NetApp Fuel plugin to avail yourself of the latest features. The latest version of the plugin and reference architecture, along with older releases, are available on the Mirantis Unlocked Partner Page for NetApp
Manila (File-Share Service)
Mirantis OpenStack 9.0 does not include out-of-the-box support for Manila. Mirantis Services, facilitated by the OpenStack@NetApp team and documentation, can enable NetApp clustered Data ONTAP storage for Manila at customer request.
For details on SolidFire with MOS, please refer to the SolidFire Partner page from Mirantis.
Where to go from here
If you’re ready to get started, you have several options:
- Refer to Mirantis Unlocked Partners page for NetApp
- Peruse the Reference Architecture for MOS 9.0 with NetApp storage
- Start using the MOS 9.0 Fuel Plugin for NetApp
- Refer to the OpenStack@NetApp Deployment and Operations Guide
- Discuss NetApp and Mirantis OpenStack at the OpenStack@NetApp Community
- Technical Support is available from either NetApp Technical Support or Mirantis Support.