The Harvest2 team is pleased to announce the release of version 21.08.
With this release two of the most outstanding new features are; the addition of seven new dashboards; and a native to Harvest2 Docker deployment method. You can read about all the steps and new features at https://github.com/NetApp/harvest,.
Here are some of the highlights and how they work.
- Make it easy to install Grafana, Prometheus, and Harvest with Docker Compose and auto-provisioned dashboards.
- Full Docker setup included in Harvest download
- Requires Docker 20.10.0 or higher
- Download the latest version of [Harvest](https://github.com/NetApp/harvest#installation), then untar and cd into the harvest directory
- Create a `harvest.yml` file with your cluster details.
- Below is an example with annotated comments. You can modify as needed for your environment.
|This config is using the Prometheus exporter [port_range](https://github.com/NetApp/harvest/blob/main/cmd/exporters/prometheus/README.md#parameters) feature so you don't have to manage the Prometheus exporter port mappings for each poller.
- Generate a Docker compose file from your ‘harvest.yml’
bin/harvest generate docker full –output harvest-compose.yml
- Start everything
docker-compose -f prom-stack.yml -f harvest-compose.yml up -d --remove-orphans
- Grafana will be at http://localhost:3000 username: admin, password: admin
- Prometheus can be checked at https://localhost:9000/targets
- To Stop everything run
docker-compose -f prom-stack.yml -f harvest-compose.yml down
- To Upgrade Harvest, use the restart command and a newer version of Harvest will be pulled if available.
docker-compose -f prom-stack.yml -f harvest-compose.yml restart
- New Dashboards
- Lun – Lun Details
- Volume – Volume Details
- Node – Node Details
- Network – Network Details
- Disk – Shows disk type, status, uptime, and aggregate
- SVM - Details
- SVM – Now with NFS v3 and v4 frontend
There are also more than 20 other enhancements and bug fixes. See https://github.com/NetApp/harvest/releases for the full list of new features and fixes.
Be sure to join us on the #harvest channel at thePub’s Slack workspace. Get your invite at www.netapp.io/slack