Enterprise storage and data management for production ready private cloud powered by OpenStack.Learn more about NetApp’s community contributions, reference architectures, use cases and best practices for both developers and DevOps.
Why NetApp with OpenStack?
NetApp is among the frontrunners for OpenStack storage solutions, and has the broadest storage and data management portfolio in the industry (ONTAP, Element software, StorageGRID and Cloud Volumes ONTAP)
Reduces Data Replication
NetApp ONTAP’s Snapshot technology makes it possible to generate space-efficient snapshots, providing a greater utilization factor and resiliency for business operations.
Platform & Protocol Support
NetApp has two classes of platforms that can function as Cinder storage backends (ONTAP and Element). This means that there is a solution that best suits your needs, balancing data services, performance and scale-out requirements.
OpenStack Community Contribution
NetApp is a strong contributor to the OpenStack community and provides industry leading shared-filesystem access on NFS & CIFS delivered through Manila, a project that NetApp spearheaded in the OpenStack community.
Rich Feature Set
Rich Feature Set – NetApp storage solutions support thin provisioning for on-demand allocation, NetApp Volume Encryption (NVE) for data encryption at rest, and support IPv6 addresses.
NetApp’s platforms are fully integrated into the common OpenStack API framework; in addition, NetApp Ansible modules provide extensive support for configuration management and automation.
Element software enables All-Flash, Scale-Out Cinder storage for NetApp HCI and SolidFire. Designed for service provider scale and OpenStack environments, Element QoS settings guarantee workload protection across vast deployments.
Accelerate Test & QA
NetApp cloning and data management features accelerate the DevOps application pipeline, making it easier for developers to non-disruptively and quickly QA against real production data.
NetApp are among the leading all-time contributors to the Cinder and Manila codebase. You can have full confidence that NetApp is committed to fostering OpenStack development.
Welcome to part one of a series on reducing risk in OpenStack with NetApp. Whether you are already running OpenStack, or are considering running it, the security of your data should always be at the forefront of your thoughts. NetApp has many features that work in...read more
On February 28th, the OpenStack community released its 17th version, codenamed Queens. As a leader in commercial storage solutions for OpenStack, NetApp added new features to Cinder and Manila. Cinder New Features Cinder now supports dynamic adjustment of...read more
Some sites aren't large enough to need or have an entire datacenter infrastructure. Sometimes you want to be able to run just a datacenter in a box. Remote locations, small sites, any place where you might need the entire features of a data center, but only have one...read more
Bonzer: Australian slang for “most excellent” Join the NetApp team down under and learn why we are the #1 Commercial OpenStack® Storage solutions provider! Did you know that 5 out of 7 OpenStack Superusers are NetApp customers? And that 4 out of 7 are using NetApp...read more
By Chad Morgenstern and Jenny Yang Have you visited NetApp’s OpenStack section of thePub lately? If not, you may have missed NetApp’s new and improved OpenStack Deployment and Operation’s Guide. Now a living document, easy for you to read and for us to maintain, the...read more
NetApp is thrilled to have contributed to and congratulates the OpenStack Community on the Pike release of OpenStack. The OpenStack Foundation's Pike press release mentions a lot of new and exciting features across the board. In this blog, we call out a few that are...read more
Deployment & Operations Guides
- The Stein Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Rocky Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Queens Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Pike Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Ocata Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Newton Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Mitaka Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Liberty Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Kilo Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Juno Deployment & Operations Guide
- Mirantis OpenStack 9.1 on NetApp
- Highly Available OpenStack Deployment on NetApp
- Provisioning OpenStack Mitaka with PackStack
- Provisioning OpenStack Liberty with PackStack
- Mirantis OpenStack 9 on NetApp
- Mirantis OpenStack 8 on NetApp
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8 on FlexPod
- Mirantis OpenStack 7 on NetApp
- RHEL-OSP 6 FlexPod CVD: Deployment Guide
- RHEL-OSP 6 FlexPod CVD: Design Guide
- Manila & Sahara Integration in OpenStack
- RHEL-OSP 5 on NetApp
- SUSE OpenStack Cloud 5 on NetApp
- OpenStack Solution Brief
- DevOps Gets Smart About Data: Make OpenStack, Jenkins & Docker Work Together Without Losing a Thing
- Skyrocketing Development & Deployment with OpenStack and Docker
- Tell Me About Backups In OpenStack!
- Austin Marketplace: The Rest Of The Iceberg!
- Great Feats of Storage: OpenStack Unlimited
- SolidFire + Platform9: Simply faster OpenStack
- Getting it Right: OpenStack Private Cloud Storage