Enterprise storage and data management for production ready private cloud powered by OpenStack.Learn more about NetApp’s community contributions, reference architectures, use cases and best practices for both developers and DevOps.
Why NetApp with OpenStack?
NetApp is among the frontrunners for OpenStack storage solutions, and has the broadest storage and data management portfolio in the industry (ONTAP, Element software, StorageGRID and Cloud Volumes ONTAP)
Reduces Data Replication
NetApp ONTAP’s Snapshot technology makes it possible to generate space-efficient snapshots, providing a greater utilization factor and resiliency for business operations.
Platform & Protocol Support
NetApp has two classes of platforms that can function as Cinder storage backends (ONTAP and Element). This means that there is a solution that best suits your needs, balancing data services, performance and scale-out requirements.
OpenStack Community Contribution
NetApp is a strong contributor to the OpenStack community and provides industry leading shared-filesystem access on NFS & CIFS delivered through Manila, a project that NetApp spearheaded in the OpenStack community.
Rich Feature Set
Rich Feature Set – NetApp storage solutions support thin provisioning for on-demand allocation, NetApp Volume Encryption (NVE) for data encryption at rest, and support IPv6 addresses.
NetApp’s platforms are fully integrated into the common OpenStack API framework; in addition, NetApp Ansible modules provide extensive support for configuration management and automation.
Element software enables All-Flash, Scale-Out Cinder storage for NetApp HCI and SolidFire. Designed for service provider scale and OpenStack environments, Element QoS settings guarantee workload protection across vast deployments.
Accelerate Test & QA
NetApp cloning and data management features accelerate the DevOps application pipeline, making it easier for developers to non-disruptively and quickly QA against real production data.
NetApp are among the leading all-time contributors to the Cinder and Manila codebase. You can have full confidence that NetApp is committed to fostering OpenStack development.
Without doubt, security is one of the most important concerns for your enterprise – and so should it be for your OpenStack cloud. Encryption not only helps to protect your data, but also ensure compliance. Starting with the Ocata release of OpenStack, the NetApp...
How to configure SSL with certificate verification HTTPS uses SSL to make the HTTP connection secure, but SSL doesn't actually provide much security at all unless certificate verification is enabled. In the vast majority of deployments, verification is turned off,...
Warning: Some of this content may be outdated. For an updated perspective, see There and Back Again: An OpenStack Tale. Written by Goutham Pacha Ravi & Sumit Kumar 53% ! Yup, that’s the percentage of organizations that can tolerate less than an hour of...
NetApp would like to congratulate the OpenStack Community on the Newton release of OpenStack, which is available as of today. This time around, there is a strong focus on making it easier to use containers with OpenStack, and this theme touched several of the...
Hello from 39,000 feet! I’m currently on a flight to Las Vegas, where I’ll be attending NetApp Insight 2016 (September 26-29). Believe me when I say this - my first NetApp conference was mind-blowingly informative! I was fresh out of college, and was ready to soak in...
Hi, We are only a week away from Insight 2016 in Las Vegas, and I wanted to let everybody know how excited we are that OpenStack is going to have such a huge presence. We will have the usual booth on the expo floor where you can come meet folks on the NetApp OpenStack...
Deployment & Operations Guides
- The Ussuri Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Train Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Stein Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Rocky Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Queens Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Pike Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Ocata Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Newton Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Mitaka Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Liberty Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Kilo Deployment & Operations Guide
- The Juno Deployment & Operations Guide
- Mirantis OpenStack 9.1 on NetApp
- Highly Available OpenStack Deployment on NetApp
- Provisioning OpenStack Mitaka with PackStack
- Provisioning OpenStack Liberty with PackStack
- Mirantis OpenStack 9 on NetApp
- Mirantis OpenStack 8 on NetApp
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8 on FlexPod
- Mirantis OpenStack 7 on NetApp
- RHEL-OSP 6 FlexPod CVD: Deployment Guide
- RHEL-OSP 6 FlexPod CVD: Design Guide
- Manila & Sahara Integration in OpenStack
- RHEL-OSP 5 on NetApp
- SUSE OpenStack Cloud 5 on NetApp
- OpenStack Solution Brief
- DevOps Gets Smart About Data: Make OpenStack, Jenkins & Docker Work Together Without Losing a Thing
- Skyrocketing Development & Deployment with OpenStack and Docker
- Tell Me About Backups In OpenStack!
- Austin Marketplace: The Rest Of The Iceberg!
- Great Feats of Storage: OpenStack Unlimited
- SolidFire + Platform9: Simply faster OpenStack
- Getting it Right: OpenStack Private Cloud Storage